lawn after pool construction

Nov 2, 2018
Franklin, MA
How long does it take for your yard to establish after pool construction? Our pool was built in 2019 and had a hydroseed placed in late May 2020. I put seed down again in the fall because seed in the spring did not take well. I hoped it would fill in a little last Fall but its still look bare this spring.
Do I try seeding again now or put crab grass preventer down and then try to seed again in the fall? I live in southeastern MA.

Attachments

• pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    724.7 KB · Views: 54
  • grass.jpg
    grass.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • grass close up.jpg
    grass close up.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
Apply crabgrass control now. Seed in September with Tall Fescue. Apply granular lime, anytime. Apply a winterizer in October. Use the thing that attaches on the end of your hose that: "kills the weeds, NOT the grass" when you have weeds. Good Luck.

Reactions: Oly
What kind of grass are you trying to grow? How much sun do you get? Have you considered sod? How much and often are you watering? Have you had a soil analysis done? Suggest you pose your questions on a site like The Lawn Forum. Lots of folks there who know grass (pools, not so much). I’m sure you’ll get better and more specific answers to your questions there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.