Landscaping Your AGP

Have you had any problems switching to hard PVC lines? I was told by the store I bought the pool at that I couldn't use hard PVC lines as 1.) the pump wasn't strong enough, and 2.) it transferred vibrations from the pump to the skimmer causing leaks, etc. They say the best I can do is to use flexible PVC which I'm considering as I generally have to replace the cheap plastic hoses they carry once a season, and I have no cutoff valve to stop the water while removing and cleaning the pump filter basket.

No problem at all. When I switched to hard plumbed my pressure went down and my flow rate went WAY up. My return is like a fountain now. The larger, smoother pipe makes it easier on the pump. I used sweeps and 45's as opposed to hard 90's wherever possible (I do have one hard 90 in the run, where the return comes off the filter - you can see it in the picture). As for vibrations, my pipes lay on the ground, and where they make the turn up to the pool, I dumped a bunch of concrete around the pipe. More to stop any dirt from washing out. I wanted the pipe supported, not hanging from the skimmer and return. It also acts like a thrust block too, I guess. But really, my filter vibrates a little, but nothing that I would worry about. There is a good 10 feet of pipe between the filter and my pool. It's a filter, not a cement mixer, there is not that much vibration.

I have no issues with the hard plumbing. It has had nothing but benefits for me.

-dave

I am so glad someone started this thread and that more people are adding to it. We completed phase 1 of our deck build back in July. Eventually we're going to take the deck all the way around the pool.
I'm still stuck on what to do with the rest in the mean time.

Here are some pics from when we were building it.

71f58e8524fab83111bdfa78e06b469e.jpg

1bdfa1d0455b55dd4106f4c52a9ebd75.jpg

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I am so glad someone started this thread and that more people are adding to it. We completed phase 1 of our deck build back in July. Eventually we're going to take the deck all the way around the pool.

I would consider a small shade area, not a whole lot however just enough to get a little relief.

Looks great otherwise.

John

Great looking pool and deck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.