Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Moved from HERE

CL, I agree the lid gasket is a potential problem. When you opened it up to clean the pump basket, that might have been its last good seal. But let's go over a few things for you to check:
- Make sure the pool water level is high enough. It should be about 3/4 up the opening of the poolside skimmer(s).
- Also check to ensure nothing is plugging the skimmer opening (hole); also check the skimmer weir door/flap is not stuck closed.
- The three valves in front of the pump appear to all be open - good.
- Then do this test .... close the intake valve handles to the pump and fill the pump basket full of water and close the lid. Don't open the intake valves yet. Now the test - turn the pump on briefly while watching under the clear lid. Have someone help you if the power switch is away from the pump. Watch to see if the water gets sucked "IN" by the pump (to the filter) and empties the pump basket. Then turn off the pump quickly. That test will ensure the pump is "pulling" water.

After that test, if it was successful by pulling water out of the basket, refill the pump basket, open the intake valves, and try the pump again. Give it about one full minute to pull water from the pool.

Now if the test above did not pull water to empty the basket, let us know.
Hi, I have the same problem so I tried your test and It worked initially. So, I opened the intake valves and water rushed in as normal but after a minute or so the water stopped coming into the filter basket. I first noticed the same problem this morning. The pump came on at 9am but a few minutes later I could see that there was no water being pulled into the filter basket. Next steps? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
See attached

Attachments

• 4D8180E0-6A30-4A12-934E-E06F6F1F5474.jpeg
    4D8180E0-6A30-4A12-934E-E06F6F1F5474.jpeg
    707.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 5920250D-3483-41DA-BA44-1AE89EAD5176.jpeg
    5920250D-3483-41DA-BA44-1AE89EAD5176.jpeg
    804.6 KB · Views: 16
You have quite a bit happening on your pad, but let's focus on the main pool pump since that's where your issue is. You seem to have lots of needles in your area, so with power OFF remove the clear pump lid and reach into the impeller area to ensure it's not plugged with stuff. The impeller should rotate fairly easy. If that is clear, you might test water suction to the pump from pool only versus spa only to see if there is a difference.

The impeller is clear and spins freely; that was the first thing I checked after reading other posts. Your suggestion about testing pressure from the spa was very helpful! There was enough suction to fill the basket which caused water to shoot out the top. So I might have a hairline crack in the lid. I’ll monitor it and replace if necessary. Thank you so much!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.