Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I just checked through the YouTubes

Why add shock when my water is clear is exactly what I've been wondering the last few weeks with PB shocking my pool and Pool store recommending a lifetime supply. ??‍♀️?

Glad you enjoyed the videos!

In all fairness, the mindset they have isn’t horrid, depending on your desired path. The mindset they take is to use multiple chemicals such as algaecides, copper, and phosphate removers to reduce the possibility as much as possible of getting algae. Issue is, none of the above are effective enough to eliminate algae completely, thus the weekly shock. The weekly shock is to eliminate any unseen algae to keep things *cough**cough* clean. Main issue with this thinking however is expense. All these products add up in cost. They each serve certain benefits but run up the bill quickly.

Or you can just use chlorine, maintain the FC/CYA ratio, and save the cash. ??‍♂️

Reactions: OscarB and Tena
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.