Kit arrived

Lindseyc123

Sep 11, 2019
MA
Ok so k arrived.
I started testing but will admit I felt a little overwhelmed! I opened. Poured some shock and ran pump. After a day Ana a half our one year old pump stopped working. Pool CO. Any come u til Monday. So I e still poured shocked in every day amd tried to brush as much as possible. Water pretty clear. when I brush I see little clouds kick up. Could this be pollen settling? I see it all over cats and driveway? This is what I got but pool only getting movement by me brushing every so often and kids got in (am I wrong to allow this?)

TA 70ppm
cya 30ppm
calcium hardness 120ppm
FC 8ppm

should I do anything or wait til punk is working?

Hey Lindsey !! Thanks for all the autocorrects above. Got a good chuckle about the pollen cats and punk pump. :ROFLMAO:

if your FC is holding, the dust is probably all pollen. Ideally you would Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to back that up, but the water needs to be good and mixed for reliable OCLTs so it will be hard with no pump. And if you toss the kids in at 5:30AM to mix it up, you’ll lose some FC and fail from them.

So. Keep adding liquid chlorine daily until the pump arrives. It would be even better to do twice a day just to be sure. That way if there is any loss, it won’t be low as long

TA, CH and CYA are all great for vinyl. Get your PH anywhere that’s a 7 if it isn’t already.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.