Gold Supporter
Jul 9, 2019
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey crew. Have a question on using the K-1000 for day to day FC measurement. Since my CYA is up there around 60 my recommended FC levels are between 5 and 9. The K-1000 maxes out at 5 ppm for FC. I suppose I can use it to make sure that I'm hitting that 5 ppm minimum but can I use fewer drops and the bromine numbers on the vial to get an idea of where I'm at when my FC is over 5 ppm?

Also, the K-1000 is giving me a pH reading of 7.8 while my PH-009(I)A pH meter says 8.1-8.2. FC is at 9.5, cc <0.5. Which do I trust? I expect that 7.8-8.2 is outside the margin of error.

It's been a cold weekend and my pool is being sadly underused. I may as well use today to add the last of my dry acid...

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there!

m.

I’m asking about the pH reading because my oldest kid is complaining about irritated eyes which he didn’t do at pH 7.3 pre-slam. I’ll go with the K1000 reading. Even though I calibrated the meter when I bought it I’m not confident in it and I have no more calibration powder.

m.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.