Just uncovered the pool for the first time since winterization...

Jul 6, 2017
Yakima WA
And I'm impressed!! I had a company come out to close the pool first week of November last year, just before it got really cold. This year I'll schedule them for early October. Anyway, I made sure the pool cover closed all the way to keep out leaves and put rags in the openings at the corners of the cover at the far end. I told the company to use only liquid chlorine if using any chemicals.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, I gradually cleaned the cover as I opened it up and was surprised to see the pool so crystal clear. Just a couple tiny leaves in the bottom. Drains fully visible. When I bought this house a year ago and opened the pool it was very cloudy and took the advice of this forum and a couple weeks of SLAMming before it was swimmable. I attribute that to the previous owners use of pool store chemicals and not adjusting the cover to close all the way. 4" or so was open to let leaves and debris in.

I tested the water for FC and it was 13ppm. 0 CC's. Ph showed 7.5 though probably not entirely accurate since FC is still over 10ppm.

I'll probably get it de-winterized myself and all the equipment up and running this weekend. Stoked to have opened it for the season with clear water! :mrgreen:

IMG_9569_Large.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.