Just set up my Duck Deterrent

That is genius...if it works!
At the start of last season we had a duck problem. I picked up an inflatable swan, albeit much smaller than this one, and it did actually work. I'd watch the ducks fly right over our yard when the swan was pool side. Unfortunately the swan sprung an air leak mid season from the kids playing on it. This new one is massive in comparison, if the ducks do return hopefully they will be even more freaked out :p

Reactions: mgtfp
We had a duck nesting last year in spring. And then she came back in summer.

At first worried about the mess, but she was actually quite good, hardly pooped into the pool. Only when she boys visiting (dad didn't hung around, but sometimes there were two or three of them) - and they always made a mighty mess.

But seeing the little ducklings was worth it. Build ramps di they can get out, which worked. Took them a while to learn to use it, but eventually they all got out, both times, and disappeared.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.