Just opened pool as new pool owner

Rda3rd

Silver Supporter
Apr 16, 2018
Baton Rouge
I have never owned a pool before and this site has been invaluable. Took a swamp that has been vacant for 3 years as nd in two short weeks -- changed plumbing, painted plaster, slammed and balanced with zero problems thanks to info on this site.20180413_115815.jpg20180428_170602.jpg

Only issues we found was a few spots where plaster had fallen off. Pool sat in foreclosure for 3 years. Rest of plaster was good so used Pool Patch to fix...then painted.

We don't mind painting every year as I saw most everyone said replaster. Refused to pay pool company and got all in opening for about $800, including paint.

Found that using a 1,500 gpm water pump really helped get it up to speed quickly. Still use it to vacuum everyday with a simple 4 wheel head from Lowes. Tried the pool blaster first...waste of money. I'll keep the water pump for vacuuming...picks up everything in minutes.

Used all products recommended on here (store bleach, borax laundry powder, muriatic acid, etc...) and slammed for a week after pressure washing and painting.