Just for Fun - What is your TFP Expert Opinion:)

AmyCJeff

Gold Supporter
May 31, 2023
Henderson, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So...I have been doing TFP since June 2023:) Long story short...I first came to this forum because I had stains on my plaster and wanted to figure out a way to get rid of them (the pool as built April 2020). Through the process Iearned I was maintaining my pool ALL WRONG. So, I did a NO DRAIN water replacement in June 2023 and have spent the last year doing TFP. As my water has become more and more clear, I was seeing more and more stains ( I really think the stains did not get worse...I just think my water as clearer...so they became more visible. Only when there are shadows on the pool. Direct sun...you cannot seen them at all)
Well, I did another NO DRAIN refill about 3 weeks ago.
THEN, this week I had to actually drain most of my water because I had a Hayward light that needed replacing (don't get me started...lol) . Anyways...I was finally able to see my "Stains" without water.
Once I saw them without water...it really made wonder if they are stains....or if it is just porous/discolored plaster. If it is the latter...then there is really not much ai can do (as running negative CSI and sanding has done NOTHING) Anyways...I have come to the conclusion I am just going to leave it alone.
But curious what other "TFP Experts" think:)

I am including a picture of the "stains":
- Under water
- no water (the plaster was exposed I would consider it Dry....

Attachments

• Stain - Under Water.jpg
    Stain - Under Water.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Stain - No water.jpg
    Stain - No water.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 34