Just finishing New Build in Frisco, TX

Your pool is beautiful. I just started my dig with m christopher. I am debating on travertine. How do you like it. I have small kids so I am worried about the temp. It's that or stamped concrete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your pool is beautiful.

Thank you!

I just started my dig with m christopher. I am debating on travertine. How do you like it. I have small kids so I am worried about the temp. It's that or stamped concrete.

We LOVE the travertine. I have four children from 3 to 13, so that was a prime consideration for me. It's not nearly as slippery as stamped concrete. In fact, with bare feet, travertine is LESS slippery when wet than when they are dry (of course I'm speaking of a natural travertine paver, not honed or polished).

Additionally, travertine stays quite a bit cooler so the kids aren't compelled to run across the deck because their feet are hot. We can walk comfortably bare footed in full sun in the summer. I had a seeded aggregate deck around my last pool and in the August Texas sun it was brutally hot on the feet. The travertine is a welcome relief. Stamped concrete can be really beautiful, but the slickness and heat pushed me to travertine.

Chris

Thanks so much Chris. I am walking into this very blind and trying to make the right decisions I love travertine. My thoughts are I'm spending a Ton So I might as well do it right the first time. I am also debating pebbletec It is beautiful and we want midnight blue however I wonder how it will wear over time and if I will get rough like aggregate. Oh decisions decisions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's been a couple years, so I'm curious if you are still satisfied with having chose M. Christopher? We are ready to sign and trying to decide b/t Hauk, M. Christopher, Gold Medel and Riverbend. M. Christopher is giving the best price (all builders the same design). Also, how did your neighbors build w/ M. Chrisptopher go?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.