Just Filled Hydrazzo Pool - Chemistry and Pump Questions

My brother-in-law handled the chemicals during our Family Reunion which is now over and I am back to trying to figure out how to do this. I have read the ABC's of Pool Chemistry and the post you recommended and have been using the TFT-100 test kit. My pH has stayed consistently at 7.2. My FC was 2.5 yesterday and is 1.0 tonight with TA 150 and CH 250. I put 8 pounds of stabilizer in socks two days ago and it was dissolved tonight, so I can't test the CYA until tomorrow. Since my FC is too low, how do I decide how much chlorine to put in tonight? I have the big tabs that you have recommended I not use anymore and only 1 gallon of bleach. Also have a bucket of chlorine I had used for shock. I have grandchildren coming tomorrow who want to swim and I want to be sure to get to a sufficient chlorine level. Thanks for your help.

Welcome back. I answered your questions on chlorine in posts #2, #14 and #17 above.

The pool is showing no chlorine again - even after shocking with 6 pounds of shock 3 hours ago. Because the Hydrazzo is so sensitive (the marble dust in it instead of quartz makes it smoother but also more temperamental), I am concerned about putting straight bleach in the pool. Should I start a new thread with Hydrazzo in the title to try draw someone who has experience with that type of pool finish?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.