Just Did Something Really Bad!!!

Aug 5, 2015
Manalapan, NJ
Been using the TFP method for 3 years and have been having great results! Perfect water all the time!

My calcium hardness had dropped a bit low and I wanted to give it a boost. I grabbed what I thought was my 25 lbs of calcium increaser and broadcast it over the entire pool. When I went to throw out the container I realized it was not calcium, it was stabilizer!!!!!

I immediately shut off the pump. A lot of the stabilizer had settled down to the bottom of the pool so I put my robot vacuum in the pool and ran it over the settled stabilizer. I removed the robot several times and threw out whatever stabilizer it picked up which was a pretty good amount each time. I'm going to continue doing this the rest of the day, but I know I am not going to get all of it and as the vacuum is picking it up it is dissolving it into the pool.

My CYA was at about 40 before this all started.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thanks all for the help!

Brian

Hopefully you can vacuum most of it out, 25 lbs would raise your CYA level over 100 ppm. Vacuum to waste if you can because as it gets trapped in the robot filter it will dissolve faster until you get the robot out.

First time I can think of where the slow dissolving properties of stabilizer has been a positive thing!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.