June contest! Submit photos for the visual encyclopedia!

Thank you lovingHDTV for three pictures accepted, DaveNJ for two additional pictures accepted, meatloaf for seven additional pictures accepted, and WATERWORT for one additional picture accepted! Your pictures have been added to the encyclopedia.

I invite everyone to explore the visual encyclopedia as it grows. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Some items we still need pictures of include: other kinds of ladders, Hayward/Goldline automation system, clorox bleach, leaf vacuum/bagger, manual vacuum head for plaster pools, safety net, night time picture of colored lights, other styles of underwater light fixtures, a different style of heat pump, solar panels on a roof, a booster pump, IntelliChlor, WalMart six way test kit, ColorQ, another pool toy or two, plastic gate valve, water bag (with water in it), etc. These are just suggestions. Pictures of these items are not guaranteed to be included, and pictures of items not listed here are still welcome.

---

WATERWORT - 15
DaveNJ - 14
meatloaf - 13
Casey - 12
Woodberg - 6
launboy - 6
98xc600 - 5
stephanie4136 - 5
h2ctpdjl - 4
lovingHDTV - 3
mickey4paws - 3
silcozot - 3
AnnaK - 3
TOMNGIAMOM - 2
Chasville - 1
Gooserider - 1
kenmar - 1
matt4x4 - 1

JasonLion said:
Some items we still need pictures of include: other kinds of ladders, Hayward/Goldline automation system, clorox bleach, leaf vacuum/bagger, manual vacuum head for plaster pools, safety net, night time picture of colored lights, other styles of underwater light fixtures, a different style of heat pump, solar panels on a roof, a booster pump, IntelliChlor, WalMart six way test kit, ColorQ, another pool toy or two, plastic gate valve, water bag (with water in it), etc. These are just suggestions. Pictures of these items are not guaranteed to be included, and pictures of items not listed here are still welcome.

Not trying to be greedy on the picture selection, I really didn't expect that many of my pictures to be used! That said, I still want to win! :-D I just noticed that you are looking for a picture of a booster pump. I did include this one in my original batch, but it was difficult to get a shot of it thus the funny orientation. If you missed it the first time around, here you go again, but if it wasn't selected because you are looking for something "different" it might help to let everyone know what is missing. Again, I don't mind if you don't use this one...A lot of my pictures were accepted because Casey's first attempts gave us an idea of what you were looking for.

Also, "other styles of underwater light fixtures" is a hard one. In my case it just looks like a little bump on the wall (except for the projection system which is mounted outside the pool) but it is capable of turning the pool an assortment of colors at night, none of which are even remotely easy to photograph. To get a decent photo I am going to have to "digitally enhance" it, or at the very least do a very careful camera setup. Considering the level of difficulty in getting a "nice" shot of that sort of thing it might be kind of fun to tell us what you are hoping for with the lighting shots and those can become an almost contest within a contest.... with the same rules still applying that your decision is final. In any case my point is simply that some of these shots may need some guidance.

Attachments

• Booster_pump.jpg
    Booster_pump.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 297
I know that it can be tricky to figure out what I am looking for. One of the best ways to do that is to look at what has been accepted and what hasn't. In general, I am looking for pictures that clearly feature the item. The angle should be good, so you can clearly see the important/distinctive features of the item. And there can't be too much else going on, any unrelated items should be out of sight or very small relative to the featured item.

lovingHDTV posted a picture of a booster pump. It was basically a good photo, but there was another pump right behind it that couldn't be cropped out. Also, one of the distinctive features of a booster pump are the small hoses/pipes coming in and out of it, as opposed to the much larger pipes for a regular pump. They were not visible in his picture. Likewise, meatloaf posted a good picture of a waterfall, but there was a thermometer and a floater that were too prominent. Equipment pad photos are especially difficult. Some equipment pads are simply too crowded to give good photos for the encyclopedia.

I don't really know how good night time photos of colored lights are taken. But I have seen them on the forum, and meatloaf did a good job of capturing the floating light show.

Solar panel on roof.
DCP_1878.jpg

DVC00083.jpg

Adam

JasonLion said:
I know that it can be tricky to figure out what I am looking for. One of the best ways to do that is to look at what has been accepted and what hasn't. In general, I am looking for pictures that clearly feature the item. The angle should be good, so you can clearly see the important/distinctive features of the item. And there can't be too much else going on, any unrelated items should be out of sight or very small relative to the featured item.

lovingHDTV posted a picture of a booster pump. It was basically a good photo, but there was another pump right behind it that couldn't be cropped out. Also, one of the distinctive features of a booster pump are the small hoses/pipes coming in and out of it, as opposed to the much larger pipes for a regular pump. They were not visible in his picture. Likewise, meatloaf posted a good picture of a waterfall, but there was a thermometer and a floater that were too prominent. Equipment pad photos are especially difficult. Some equipment pads are simply too crowded to give good photos for the encyclopedia.

I don't really know how good night time photos of colored lights are taken. But I have seen them on the forum, and meatloaf did a good job of capturing the floating light show.

Thank you... that helps a lot. So here is a continuing illustration. This is my equipment pad, shown from the side where you can't see the pumps. The photo is not cluttered, but you also can't see a bunch of the equipment. Is this a case where more is better or is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

• equip_pad.jpg
    equip_pad.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 282
WATERWORT said:
Thank you... that helps a lot. So here is a continuing illustration. This is my equipment pad, shown from the side where you can't see the pumps. The photo is not cluttered, but you also can't see a bunch of the equipment. Is this a case where more is better or is this what you are looking for?

I think that is more what he was looking for, because in pictures like that, it's easy to crop just one piece of equipment without having other(obvious) things in the background).

Adam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you BobF for one picture accepted, launboy for one additional picture accepted, lovingHDTV for one additional picture accepted, meatloaf for two additional pictures accepted, and WATERWORT for one additional picture accepted! Your pictures have been added to the encyclopedia.

I invite everyone to explore the visual encyclopedia as it grows. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Some items we still need pictures of include: other kinds of ladders, Hayward/Goldline automation system, clorox bleach, leaf vacuum/bagger, safety net, night time picture of colored lights, other styles of underwater light fixtures, a different style of heat pump, IntelliChlor, WalMart six way test kit, ColorQ, plastic gate valve, water bag (with water in it), scupper, etc. These are just suggestions. Pictures of these items are not guaranteed to be included, and pictures of items not listed here are still welcome.

---

WATERWORT - 16
meatloaf - 15
DaveNJ - 14
Casey - 12
launboy - 7
Woodberg - 6
98xc600 - 5
stephanie4136 - 5
lovingHDTV - 4
h2ctpdjl - 4
mickey4paws - 3
silcozot - 3
AnnaK - 3
TOMNGIAMOM - 2
BobF - 1
Chasville - 1
Gooserider - 1
kenmar - 1
matt4x4 - 1

Water Fall planter with flowers.

[attachment=1:1v29ucoy]WaterFall.JPG[/attachment:1v29ucoy]

Plaster wedding cake steps with extended seating on second step.

[attachment=0:1v29ucoy]ConcreteSteps.JPG[/attachment:1v29ucoy]

Deep end steps.

[attachment=2:1v29ucoy]Steps.JPG[/attachment:1v29ucoy]

Attachments

• Steps.JPG
    Steps.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 179
  • WaterFall.JPG
    WaterFall.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 179
  • ConcreteSteps.JPG
    ConcreteSteps.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 179
[attachment=2:2jm280u0]back-up valve for cleaner.JPG[/attachment:2jm280u0][attachment=1:2jm280u0]ladder.JPG[/attachment:2jm280u0][attachment=0:2jm280u0]deep end ladder.JPG[/attachment:2jm280u0]

Attachments

• back-up valve for cleaner.JPG
    back-up valve for cleaner.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 170
  • ladder.JPG
    ladder.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 169
  • deep end ladder.JPG
    deep end ladder.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 169
[attachment=2:2ky5h79q]drain plug adapter for Liquidator.JPG[/attachment:2ky5h79q][attachment=1:2ky5h79q]Liquidator lid open.JPG[/attachment:2ky5h79q][attachment=0:2ky5h79q]Liquidator 4 gallon.JPG[/attachment:2ky5h79q]

Attachments

• drain plug adapter for Liquidator.JPG
    drain plug adapter for Liquidator.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 170
  • Liquidator lid open.JPG
    Liquidator lid open.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Liquidator 4 gallon.JPG
    Liquidator 4 gallon.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 171
[attachment=2:3i2yzqgp]Fafco 4x12 Sunsavers.JPG[/attachment:3i2yzqgp][attachment=1:3i2yzqgp]light junction box.JPG[/attachment:3i2yzqgp][attachment=0:3i2yzqgp]light junction box open.JPG[/attachment:3i2yzqgp]

Attachments

• Fafco 4x12 Sunsavers.JPG
    Fafco 4x12 Sunsavers.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 171
  • light junction box.JPG
    light junction box.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 172
  • light junction box open.JPG
    light junction box open.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 172

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.