I have the ambient weather station (love it btw) and they sell a $30 submergeable sensor I would recommend over the floating one. It's cheaper and you can use pool patches to adhere it to the side wall of your pool so it stays out of the way. Only downside is the unit is not waterproof. I just used a ziplock bag and zip tied it inside.

View attachment 573483

You of course get all the charts.
I'm reading your build thread, no where in this post did you say that it texts you! That is a totally unnecessary feature that I totally want!

I'm reading your build thread, no where in this post did you say that it texts you! That is a totally unnecessary feature that I totally want!
Yeah it will do txt and email. At the start of the season I had it email me once the pool was warm enough to swim. Sadly I was out of town when that moment was reached :\

I am an _extremely_ satisfied customer of the Ambient weather hardware. Had the weather station for maybe two years now and I check in with it multiple times a day. IDK if I mentioned it but I have another of the same sensor on my chest freezer, so I get an email if my freezer goes above 0F. Very useful stuff! They also have a soil moisture sensor I'll probably be picking up at some point as well, both for gardening and to know when it's a good time to mow to not clog my mower up.

As far as I know it's all open APIs as well so you can add any sort of custom integrations you want also.

This looks like a great option, too!
I was able to find this on Amazon. It's called YoLink. Google it and you'll get the information you need... there's lot of it.

I keep the sensor in a ziplock bag (not sure if I need too as it's weatherproof) and keep it under my skimmer lid. The probe is waterproof and the sensor is long range. No worries about how far the pool is away from your house.

I can use my phone or check my pool temp. It works with all sorts of home automation too like Google and Alexa so you can even ask your speaker what the pool temp is.

Reactions: mcba2020