Jerks with Wings

Update...I do have an endless supply of bees due to the beekeeper across the road. The bees since treatment are less inclined to hang out in the pool directly, and ultimately die if the do. But the little morons are now constantly trying to invade the deck box where the wet noodles go to get at the chlorine scent on the noodles.

I need to get a saltwater decoy going in the front yard again.

They really are addicted! They need some sort of 12 step program!

Bees are needed to pollinate the food YOU want to eat. Call in a bee keeper. They will get rid of all the bees for you and start new colonies away from your pool. Bees are a pain to deal with but are very necessary and we are losing way too many to chemicals!

^FWIW, I did. The bee keeper LIVES across the street from me. I told him I was getting dozens at a time, that there were borates in my water, that I didn’t want to kill them or use Tempo, which would kill off his hives, etc. He didn’t do anything, said the bees knew best...so I then called in an entomologist because I still didn’t want to kill the bees either.

HE is the one who told me that a) I should violently kill them so that scouts would communicate back to workers not to come and b) that most of the bees that are still coming for the salt water are at or near the end of their productive life so go off forraging for water and that chlorinated salt water is like alcohol to them.

So, my choices for control here have already been very consciously evaluated over the course of several seasons, thank you! I do appreciate your concern but I have little nieces and nephews who are anaphylaptic. The honey bees are not aggressive but when there’s more than a few dozen drinking on the side it’s very easy for them to accidentally sting you (ask me how I know ;)

I ran across this thread looking for mosquito solutions. I am a beekeeper. We don’t have many hives but I always have a bait hive to try to entice swarms. Interestingly the bees fly up and out of their hives and are gone who knows where them come back. We had a small intex temporary pool last summer for the grands and never had bees in the water. I have a large pond and just supposed they go there for Water. I guess we will see what happens when the big pool is built. Waspers as the grands call them are just plain evil.

I ran across this thread looking for mosquito solutions. I am a beekeeper. We don’t have many hives but I always have a bait hive to try to entice swarms. Interestingly the bees fly up and out of their hives and are gone who knows where them come back. We had a small intex temporary pool last summer for the grands and never had bees in the water. I have a large pond and just supposed they go there for Water. I guess we will see what happens when the big pool is built. Waspers as the grands call them are just plain evil.

Bacillus Thuringiensis, Bti Mosquito Control | Granular Liquid Larvicides Any brand, just linking to the first on the google machine. Get rid of standing water, but if that isn't possible - dunks or liquid in any standing water (not pools, obviously, they are fine if balanced and chlorinated.)

Also there is a product I think I saw recommended here, Spartan Mosquito Eradicator - Order Today! don't know how well it works, I am trying for the first time this year and the season is just starting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.