JAvera's Pool Build

Hi All,

We had our deck poured today. A lot of fun to watch this thing take shape. They are supposed to change out the deck drains for brass covers...need to make a note of that! Anyway..here are a couple of pics... Oh!...We are getting so close!
Pool11.jpg

Pool12.jpg

All the pictures for this project can be seen at http://www.avera.net/photo

We are getting close... Busy week trying to get the ready for the final inspection. The yard was cleaned up and the yard graded back out. Sprinklers have been installed. Today we are supposed to get our sod laid and mulch added to the Flower beds. The city will not pass an inspection unless the whole yard is sodded, and flower beds have mulch in them. Crazy...

I any case Electrical is supposed to finish today, and iif we pass the Final inspection on Wednesday we will get PebbleSheen installed on Thursday... So close!

I will update photos as soon as I have a chance.

Gotta have mulch is the flower beds!!!....talk about strict. Alittle more relaxed here in the midwest. None the less..I can't wait to see your finished product. It looks so good so far.

All,

Finally had a moment to sit down and write an update. So much has happened since the deck was completed. First the Rock masons came back out and rebuilt the retaining wall back to the way it was originally. The "Clean and Grade" crew came out and did a fantastic job cleaning up the yard. As you have seen by the pictures it was a total disaster. Over the weekend I built a cedar fence around the equipment pad and placed river rock inside to walk on. Also laid out the flower beds.

Monday the Sprinkler guys came out, dug up the yard again and laid sprinklers everywhere... the good news is they cleaned it back to where it was. I filled up the flowerbeds with Mulch (city requirement for inspection).

Tuesday we had the landscapers come out and lay six pallets of grass. I had planned to lay it myself, but was on such a tight timeline to try and get a final inspection I decided to let them do it. My back is very thankful! Also the pre-plaster guys came out and prepared the interior of the pool for Pebblesheen.

Wednesday the Electrician came out and wired up everything. Installed the Intellitouch system and got things ready for Inspection on Thursday.

Today, Thursday... the Deck-o-Seal crew came out and put that down between the coping and the deck. Also the City inspector came out and did the pre-plaster/Final Inspection.....

WE PASSED!!!!

Now if everthing goes well, we get Pebblesheen tomorrow(Friday)!

Here is a couple of photos of the yard all cleaned up....
Pool13.jpg

Pool14.jpg

Intellitouch System
Pool15.jpg

Jim, just curious 'cause I don't see any form of auto-sanitizer (SWG, puck-feeder, etc.) at your equipment pad. Are you going to go strictly BBB?

Or baquacil perhaps? (j/k) :lol:

BTW, LOOKING GREAT!

Your pool build is incredible. The plumbing is outrageous. I lost count of the runs. The decking and stone work looks great. I am looking forward to seeing you AB pebble sheen. Thats what we chose. Nice work on the equipment pad fence.

ktdave said:
Jim, just curious 'cause I don't see any form of auto-sanitizer (SWG, puck-feeder, etc.) at your equipment pad. Are you going to go strictly BBB?

Well we debated on the SWG but our pool builder didnt really want to do it because of all the rock. I know there is some debate on how corrosive it is. Im probably going to regret not doing it, but I figure I can always come back and add it. So right now we are going clorine sticks. We did that in our last pool and had no issues at all. I am curious about other methods like the BBB route, I just need to read up and undertand them a little better.

Honestly I need to get into Chemicals 101 pretty quickly as it looks like I may be doing startup on Monday. PB just called and confirmed pebblesheen for Friday. Acid wash on Saturday, then we start filling when that is done.

dlsdo said:
Your pool build is incredible. The plumbing is outrageous. I lost count of the runs. The decking and stone work looks great. I am looking forward to seeing you AB pebble sheen. Thats what we chose. Nice work on the equipment pad fence.

Thanks. dlsdo! I will post photos after its all done!

Oh my!!! Just took a look at those pics of the finished product. YOUR POOL LOOKS AWESOME!! Enjoy

wardsntx said:
looks great...you'll be happy with the AB pebblesheen...FYI, we added abalone shell to ours too, gives a little sparkle to the water.

How do you go about having them add "abalone"? What is abalone? How much additional cost does it add? Any downsides?

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Everyone!

We are for all intensive purposes done! Since my last post the Aqua Blue Pebblesheen was added last Friday. Truly a fascinating process to watch. These guys are true craftsman as they come in and smooth the pool to a beautiful finish. I found the slurry really interesting, except for the fact that thing sat on my front lawn, on my new grass, for 24 hours. For those that havent seen one, basically when the pebblesheen is applied, they are constantly washing it down, and sucking the extra cement and water back to the slurry, which is about and 8ft by 8ft by 2ft deep box that holds discharge from the process. Anyway the guy came in and let the water out and broke up that hunk of cement that had settled to the bottom of the slurry and hauled it off the next day, after they had acid washed the finish.

So Saturday after the acid wash, we put a couple of water hoses in the pool to start filling. That was at 9AM. Well 9AM Sunday morning, 24 hours later, the pool was finally full. I checked the water meter before I started, so I was able to determine that it was right at 16500 gallons when full.

Monday we got about and inch and a half of rain, so the water turned greenish pretty quick, but my PB came out after the rain and started it up. Its been running for about 24 hours now and the water is starting to clear up.

Now on my punch list are just a few simple things left to do to finish completely.

- Hook the gas up.
- finish firepit interior.
- fix scupper on the firepit.
- fix the spillway on the spa, its too high, so the water level is too high
- program Intellitouch, and mount the controllers.

Just want to say a couple of things. First, thanks everyone for your comments and the invaluable information this forum provides.

Second, I know its not quite finished, but to this point I have nothing but good things to say about my Pool Builder. They are a Top Notch, First Class company that goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we are happy. The process has been a joy from start to finish. As I stated before, this is my second pool. I had a national builder build my last one, and I came away with a poor quality pool and the service from the company was horrible. If you want to know who that was, just contact me.
However, if you are in the market for a custom pool and if you are in the North Texas Area, I highly recommend you contact Golhke Pools in Denton, Texas. You wont be disappointed!

I think thats about it. Here are a couple of the latest pics

From the back yard.
Pool16.jpg

From the Top of the Spa, still a little cloudy.
Pool17.jpg

Spillway Falls...
Pool18.jpg

looks great. Are those underwater speakers on the deepend wall. looks like you have no lights, is that true, it doesn't really matter but a pool like that would look awsome with color logic lights.

Rollin Thunder said:
looks great. Are those underwater speakers on the deepend wall. looks like you have no lights, is that true, it doesn't really matter but a pool like that would look awsome with color logic lights.

Thanks! No those are not speakers... they are the intakes for all the water features. The builder put drain covers over them to keep people from sucking up againsts them..lol... Also yes I have two 500w lights in the pool and a 300w in the spa. I have them set where they are facing away from the house. Decided to just go straight lights, because in the past on a previous pool, I had a fiber optic system and didnt provide enough light. I did colors, but we didnt really like anything other than white and even then it wasnt bright enough. These should do it, and if they are two bright they will have dimmers.

ok, i wish i had the cover on the side of my pool, its really a vac port but i was NEAR, it like 6 inches a way grabing leaves off the side of the pool and it sucked my hand right in, underwater speakers would be awsome though, i am seriously going to look in to that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.