JAvera's Pool Build

looks like your off to a great start and your PB seems very detailed.

I agree with KTDave...it is extremely addicting to watch the process. My wife couldn't stand it when I was at work and she was home. SHe didn't watch a thing...so I would call and ask her what they were doing every hour. I don't know if she is more ready for this to be finished so we can swim or so I will quit bugging her when I am not here! Have fun with it. It really is neat to see your yard transformed into your own permanent vacation spot!

Cool pictures Jim. I see attempt #1 to get the dump truck in the back to haul the dirt didn't last long, bobcat to the rescue. Bad thing about the skid-steers (especially with wheels) is they tear up whatever they turn on and boy did they trash your side yard. Did you expect it to look like that when they were done? The level of collateral damage our pool build has done is far greater than I had expected.
You're probably in the clear, since most of the heavy work is done. The shotcrete will likely be pumped from the street.

crabboy said:
Did you expect it to look like that when they were done? The level of collateral damage our pool build has done is far greater than I had expected.

You know... Our PB kept telling us over and over, that the construction was going to be bad. That they were going to destroy everything in their path... :lol: ... Even with all the warnings they gave us we really didnt expect it to be this bad. :lol: My sprinklers are totally destroyed!

More work was done today, the steel guys came back and finished up, the Electric guys showed up and put the ground wires and lights in place and the plumbers came in and ran the gas lines. We are scheduled for a Gas line inspection and a "steel belly bond" inspection on tuesday. Assuming those pass, we are scheduled for gunite on Wednesday! my construction supervisor has been moving things along... I assume it will slow down a bit, but I am impressed so far.

Thanks,

Gunite

As scheduled I had both my steel inspection and my gas line inspection done by 10AM today. Then around noon my PB Supervisor shows up and said the gunite trucks should be here in 30 minutes. :whoot: We were scheduled for Wednesday, but he decided to push it along since we have a good chance of rain. So by 12:45PM they were blowing gunite. Took them right at 5 hours to get it done. That was a truely facinating process to watch. It took around 60 yards of gunite to do it all, 12 yards in the spa alone. It took over an hour and a half for the gunite guy to fill up that spa.

Also the PB dropped off all the equipment. The plumbers are due back out on thursday to run the lines and mount the equipment. Also my PB is hoping to get the Coping/Tile and Rock guy out by the end of the week.

So far so good.. no snafus things are moving along... See all of todays pictures on my site at

http://www.avera.net/photo

Plumbing done...

Ok.. another day and another contractor... Plumbing and equipment was installed today... What the heck do all these valves do!

Here is the main plumbing...drains, skimmers, returns, cleaner... etc..
Picture026.jpg

Here is the water feature plumbing. Each valve controls one of the 7 water features (2 in the waterfall, scupper on firepit, three bubblers on baja shelf, and fountain in spa)

Picture025.jpg

You can see all the pictures at http://www.avera.net/photo

ktdave said:
Whoa! You have the same pump, cleaner, heater and filter (except mines a 420) but you have about ten times the valves I have! Don't have a clue, except your equipment is great!

Yes... I really liked the Pentair stuff when I was doing my research... I am hoping the 4X160 will help with utilities, the Whisperflo will only be on when we are out there for the most part since it controls the water features.

How do you like your equipment so far?

Thanks,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I too have the Pentair Products, but still no water. Not as many valves, only 4 at the pump pad and two more at the slide and waterfall.

Looks like your project is moving right along. Hopefully they will keep this pace. Look forward to seeing your project progress. It's going to be a great pool.

javera said:
How do you like your equipment so far?

I love my pump, I am barely able to detect it on our power bill. I run it at about 1500rpm for 8 hrs a day and my water has been sparkling clear for five weeks now. You are going to love the intelliflo and your huge filter.

Rockers!

Its been a about a week since I posted. I had about a week of watching out the window while nothing happened. Then Friday afternoon the Tile, Coping and Rock guys showed up. They worked Friday afternoon and all day Saturday on the waterfall and the spill over and put the tile up. They just showed up today with another two pallets of Moss Rock (6 total). They have about another day or two of work, but its coming along. I'll try and upload pictures as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jim

Rock photos

The Stone guys were here again yesterday. So far they have the tile on and most of the waterfall and the spillway completed. Both of which turned out a lot better and bigger than i expected. They have a few details to finish on both but here are some pictures.

Here is a shot of the pool. The spillway from the Spa and the waterfall on the left.
Pool.jpg

Tile and Flagstone Coping.
Pool1.jpg

Waterfall
Pool2.jpg

Spillway from Spa
Pool3.jpg

Today they should finish up all the coping, firepit and the vaneer on the Spa.
I have uploaded the rest of the photos for the last two days on my site at http://www.avera.net/photo

Stone work done.

The Stone guys finally finished today. Took them 4 days to get it done. As I said before I am very happy with what they were able to do. I certainly didnt expect them to go above and beyond. They put 6 TONS of Moss Stone in the two water features. I am also very happy with they way they tied the Moss Stone into the existing steps.

Here is a shot of the pool. The spillway from the Spa and the waterfall on the left. Firepit in the foreground on the right.
Pool4.jpg

Here is a shot of the SPA. The interior width is 7' X 7'. Overall width is about 10' X 10'. This thing will be very spacious.
Pool5.jpg

A qucik shot of the firepit.
Pool6.jpg

Another thing that impressed me... I didnt think about it, but they did! Flagstone around the skimmers and autofil, with Brass Covers.
Pool7.jpg

Here is a picture of the spillway rocks and how they tied into the staircase.
Pool8.jpg

All the pictures for the last two days will be uploaded later to http://www.avera.net/photo

Overall very happy with what this builder is doing. They are not cutting corners and they are trying hard to make sure I am happy at every turn. I believe electrical work is next... then decking...

Hi All,

As I expected things have slowed down just a bit, but things continue to move. The Rock guys finished last Wednesday, although they have a few minor things to come back and correct, i am still very pleased with their work. So far things have gone pretty smoothly, just a few minor discussion points and only one major snafu. The Rock guys built the firepit and they didnt put a drain in it. So I had a big bucket in my back yard. To keep things moving along my PB, just had the Deck guys correct the issue by busting out the morter and set up a drain that tied into the deck drains.

After all the forms were set you can finally can see how its going to look with the deck. They are supposed to pour the deck on Thursday this week assuming the deck inspection goes well today.

Pool9.jpg

Pool10.jpg

All the pictures for the last few days can be seen at http://www.avera.net/photo

crabboy said:
Very nice Jim. You've got a lot of stone work. Looks a whole lot larger than the paint outline on the grass. I like that coping.
Thanks Crabboy... yes why is it the painted outline looks smaller? In any case we are happy with the size. The flagstone coping was fun to watch them cut then chip the edges.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.