Jandy Watercolors LED Pool Light Cycling Issue

fiqtir

May 15, 2019
Chantilly, VA
I have two Jandy Watercolors LED lights in my pool, wired to an aqualink control system. One of the lights cycles to the correct color, the other seems to be stuck on magenta. I reset the system, and the issue persists. When I cycle the lights, the one that is working cycles through each color and lands on the color selected on the control board. The other light appears to be cycling at the same time and speed, but each color it flashes is Magenta, and when the cycling is done, it remains on Magenta. This started at the end of last season, the system has been turned off for the winter, and upon restarting the issue persists.

Any thoughts?

Are you able to cycle through the colors manually?, as described by Mike in this post:

Hi Fiqtir,
By "manually" I mean not using the aqualink at all... the way these lights work is an automation system - or a person just using a basic on/off switch - cycles power to the light a certain number of times to set a particular color. The micro-controller on the light counts those on/off cycles to determine what color to display.

So you would have to manually turn the power on/off to the light in the sequence described in the manual. You might have to disconnect it from your aqualink to do this, I'm not sure how it's connected.

If only one of your lights isn't working it's most likely because the light has some corrosion or the led driver is shot... but we're trying to determine for sure if the light is broken or the aqualink is broken.

Tom

Reactions: fiqtir
Hi Fiqtir,
By "manually" I mean not using the aqualink at all... the way these lights work is an automation system - or a person just using a basic on/off switch - cycles power to the light a certain number of times to set a particular color. The micro-controller on the light counts those on/off cycles to determine what color to display.

So you would have to manually turn the power on/off to the light in the sequence described in the manual. You might have to disconnect it from your aqualink to do this, I'm not sure how it's connected.

If only one of your lights isn't working it's most likely because the light has some corrosion or the led driver is shot... but we're trying to determine for sure if the light is broken or the aqualink is broken.

Tom

I have the same lights. What you are asking is not really something the average homeowner should do. They are hardwired into the Aqualink electrical box to a relay. The only way that might work is if the builder put the lights on their own circuit. Then the circuit itself could be turned off/on. But I don't think this will do much. I also have 2 lights and both lights are controlled from the same relay. I suspect the OPs are also both on 1 relay (to make sure they stay sync'd). Relays mimic a switch going on/off. If one is working and one is not, that light is probably bad. I hope your system is still under warranty as those lights are very expensive. A tech should be able to remove the lights and if installed correctly bring it up to the coping to open and work on it.

I already have the lights up on the coping. I've got new o-rings to install as well. I'm going to shut off the power, open the light and inspect for any corrosion or moisture, and let it dry out if necessary. If that doesn't work, looks like it is magenta from here on out or a color mix.

I already have the lights up on the coping. I've got new o-rings to install as well. I'm going to shut off the power, open the light and inspect for any corrosion or moisture, and let it dry out if necessary. If that doesn't work, looks like it is magenta from here on out or a color mix.

Just make sure you do not turn the lights on for more than a moment or two while out of the water.

I have two Jandy Watercolors LED lights in my pool, wired to an aqualink control system. One of the lights cycles to the correct color, the other seems to be stuck on magenta. I reset the system, and the issue persists. When I cycle the lights, the one that is working cycles through each color and lands on the color selected on the control board. The other light appears to be cycling at the same time and speed, but each color it flashes is Magenta, and when the cycling is done, it remains on Magenta. This started at the end of last season, the system has been turned off for the winter, and upon restarting the issue persists.

Any thoughts?
Did you ever come to any resolution on this issue? I am having the exact same issue. Is it the light? Did you have to replace it to resolve the issue?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.