Jandy VS Flopro Stop working when switch to SPA mode

May 13, 2014
Berwyn, PA
I have a spa piped with my pool and both are served by a Jandy VS FloPro (VS-FHP2.0, Self-Priming) pump that is about 4-5 years old. After opening my pool this year the pump has started to shut off whenever I switch from Pool Mode to Spa Mode or in reverse (it has not done this in the past). It happens more when switching from Spa mode back to pool mode. The PDA remove locks up and just says "waiting". The only way to reset the system is to shut off power to the entire control panel. It also makes it nearly impossible to put it into SPA drain mode when cleaning it as it just shuts the pump down.

Has anyone exprienced this? Any Ideas on how to fix it? I understand that the pumps used to have a reset button when this happened but that they no longer have that function.

Thanks,

Are you sure it's not just the pump shutting off while the valves rotate? That is very normal and desirable behavior and the Aqualink displays a "waiting signal". The pump will turn back on once the valves reach their opposite side position.

Hmmm. I thought maybe the Pump Lockout feature in System Setup had been switched to ENABLED after being in DISABLED mode previously. That would have explained its change from previous behavior. But if the pump never comes back on, then hopefully someone else has an idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.