Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi, all. I hope some people more experienced that I can help with choosing the right shaft seal for me.

I have an old Jandy Stealth SHPM2.5 pump that I am working on a motor replacement. The old impeller looks very worn down and I am planning to swap it as well.

There was a point where Jandy changed their pump design, so there are two different shaft seals. The pump currently has the old style shaft seal (PS-3868) and the old impeller has the sleeve that sticks out. The new impeller I purchased does not have the sleeve. Does that mean I should use the old style or the new style (PS-4280) shaft seal? Basically, should the shaft seal match the backplate or the impeller?

I am attaching a graphic I found from discountpoolmart. My pump has the old serial number. Can it work with a new impeller?

Attachments

• R0479400-6.jpg
    R0479400-6.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 4
I realized the only way it makes sense is to match the impeller. The seal plate design has not changed.

The shaft seal has two sides, the porcelain (white) and the carbon (black). The carbon side of the old seal secures to the impeller's sleeve. The carbon side of the new seal secures to the motor shaft.

Everything has been running for two days, so far so good.