Jimmyj5800

Oct 19, 2016
Murphy Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, so I have decided to go down the salt system road on my new pool..... yes I know should have done it with the build but live and learn.... so I have the aqualink rs 4 I think. I will try and attach pics. I want to go with a jandy salt system and I'm hoping it can link straight to my existing aqua link. So my question is will it be that easy to just link right up to the aqua link? and what is the best salt system by jandy ?

Attachments

• IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
I did the same thing-also after the fact, but in the end it was the right choice. It was very easy to install and connect to the Aqualink system. I'm not sure your pool size but I installed the larger Aquapure PLC 1400 size for an 18500 gal pool. Bigger is usually better since you can always turn down the percentage and enjoy longer cell life. It has worked great and I highly recommend it!

+1 with going at least 2x on the cell. I can not comment on Jandy specifically, but better to be able to run at lower %age than have to run 24/7 and still maybe not keep up at peak of summer.

Thanks guys . With the aqua pure plc are you able to run your pump at lower speeds ? And when I look it up it looks like it's just the cell. So I assume it doesn't need a power pack and uses the aqua link ? Also I'm not positive my aqualink has the capability to add salt system. Have any one heard of the jandy true clear ? I can't tell if it's out yet but it seems basic and dose not even use or have capability to hook up to aqua link . Just trying to decide what jandy salt system is right for me. I added my pool info this time.

s1249.photobucket.com/user/jimmyj5800/media/image2_zpspacgcvz2.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh517/jimmyj5800/image2_zpspacgcvz2.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Jimmy, I called Zodiac-Jandy to try and get the scoop, their thoughts were as such: you will need the APUREM to tie into your current box, OR replace your Aqualink with the PureLink (Jandy PureLink 14-Blade 40k Power Center - 6614AP1400 - INYOPools.com) per Ping's suggestion.

Their reasoning: the salt cell can only interface with the PureLink or APUREM box. Your standard AquaLink RS does not have the ability to communicate with the cell.

The good news: Because of your PDA's revision you will be able to control the salt chlorinator via the remote controller.

Matt, great info ! I guess I could have called lol good thing your on top of things. I think I'll look into the apurem since my stuff is brand new. So are they saying the apurem box can interface with my aqualink or it would just act alone with the salt cell? And the aqualink would remain separate? Sorry for all the questions I'm a little confused on how all this works....
thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.