Jandy Nicheless LED Lights and iAqualink Integration

embeleco

Jun 2, 2019
Florida, USA
Hi.

My PB connected all my Jandy LED Lights to Auxiliary 1 on the Aqualink panel. I configured the Aqualink RS and associate my Auxialiary 1 input to JL and labeled my Auxiliary 1 as "Pool Lights". On the iPhone App I can see the Pool Lights that I can select and from there I can set the color and it works fine.

My question... is there a way to configure the unit as to not cycle to all possible lights combination when selecting a light and to go there directly? So for example if I hit Pool Lights (as there is no ON option.. only OFF and the Color sets) and then selected the Caribbean Blue color.. the Pool Lights changes to Sky Blue, Cobalt Blue and then Caribbean Blue and remains there until I hit Off... next day if I want to turn them ON again.. it goes through the same process.. Is that the normal behavior or obviously maybe I'm probably not doing the right thing.

-JJ

Nope! Pool lights still use ancient technology of switching a switch on and off until the color is reached. All the automation does is switch the relay on and off simulating you manually switching a switch.

No luck then... I have another question.. is it possible for those Jandy Nicheless LED lights to go bad for one particular color while all others work normally. I have my spa pool light very dim when I select the white version.. while other colors are very bright (same as the pool lights).

Yes it sure is. They usually have an LED (or series of) for each color. That individual LED can go bad causing anything that needs it to be "off" colorwise.

Reactions: Cliftonload
Ok Coming back to the pool light with ancient technology.... there is no way that I can set a schedule for them to be on in a specific color right? I can have them enable with the schedule but just with the first color right (always white)?

Doing it manually it works that way. Through Aqualink that is a good question. On mine it always asks what color but if I ignore it it goes to some color I need to check if it is the previous color but I assume it is the previous color.

6.1 To Operate the Light and Change Colors Turn the light ON. The first time the light is turned on, the color sequence begins with the Alpine White. To change the color, turn the light OFF and then ON within three (3) seconds. Continue turning OFF and ON until the desired light color mode is reached. See Table 1 for the color mode sequence. Table 1. Jandy Pro Series WaterColors Lights Sequence Sequence Order Color Modes 1 Alpine White 2 Sky Blue 3 Cobalt Blue 4 Caribbean Blue 5 Spring Green 6 Emerald Green 7 Emerald Rose 8 Magenta 9 Violet 10 Slow Color Splash 11 Fast Color Splash 12 America the Beautiful 13 Fat Tuesday 14 Disco Tech NOTE When the light is turned OFF for more than seven (7) seconds, it will remain in the color set that is currently active. When the light is turned back ON, the light will be on the same color set.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.