houston, texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Heater not working. I'm getting fault- "check ignition steps" message. Also, have seen "check Versaflo" message but I don't have Versaflo valve. I have flow through heater (20+ psi).
There are no lights blinking on Fenwall Automatic Ignition Control Module.

The Gen 2 Universal Controller board shows D1 and D3 flashing green. The D4 terminal shows a solid red light. DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS INDICATES????

When I turn spa heater on using remote or at the heater, I hear the fan motor turn over but doesn't stay on. Heater doesn't cycle any further.

Any help would be appreciated. I just joined this forum after searching all over the web.

Tom

My first season with my heater the igniter went out. Cheap part and you can replace it yourself. I now have 3 spares. Not sure this is your issue but I got the same error. Can you smell gas briefly when it first fires up and tries to start?

Thanks for your feedback. I'm not getting to the ignition phase. The fan isn't turning on which must first happen. I need help understanding the Gen 2 Controller Board lights??? I get a solid red light on the D4 terminal.

Thanks, hopefully someone out there can come to my aid.

I have an older version JXI heater and have had the same error. Usually this indicates an air flow sensor issue. Right after the control starts the sequence it checks the air pressure sensor for the correct reading and terminates the start sequence if the reading is not correct. Does your igniter ever glow red? If not it's very likely related to the air sensor. Check the connections at the sensor, and check to see if there are any obstructions on the fan suction or vent stack or if any of the rubber air hose connections have come off or split. In my case all was fine except the connection. I wiggled the connector with the top off and it worked. So I removed the connectors one-at-a-time cleaned with very fine emery cloth then sprayed with Corrosion Block. Never had that problem again... ask me about my lightning strike if you want to hear a real horror story. I'm not sure where you are seeing the D4 light. Can you send a photo?

I hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: big poppa74
All:
I had a pool technician come to look at my problem. All that he did was to turnoff completely the entire system and then turn back the spa pump and heater. This apparently removed the fault messages. The heater went through all its sequences and the burner ignited properly. The Gen 2 Controller Board still had the red and green lights showing as I mentioned before.

The Technician told me that he ignores the lights on this board. The reboot is what I generally do on my computer. I should have done this before calling the technician. Anyway, all is good.

Thanks Setsailsoon for your advice. I was beginning to follow your suggestions but decided to call Pinch a Penny technician. Charged me $50 which I thought very reasonable.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.