Jandy JXI Heater has power but nothing on display

Hi I opened the pool this year and went to fire up heater and heater has power to it but the display is not showing anything. Any ideas?
If the heater seems totally dead, but you are sure it is getting power, the first thing I would check is the power distribution board. Look for any charring or meltling of the component. Seems to be a common failure point (I’ve replaced 2 in 4 years with mine). You might also check the transformer if you are handy with a multi-meter. Obviously, make sure the internal connection to the power is ok (wire nuts that connect outside power to heater).

The first time this happened, I believe the pdb failed and tripped the breaker. When I reset the breaker, I heard a bang which I think was the transformer. I replaced both and everything was fine for 2 years. The next time the breaker tripped and the heater was dead so I replaced both pdb and transformer. Both failures seemed to happen during/ after heavy rain storms.

I replaced both because I didn’t want to risk a bad transformer blowing the board.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.