moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
Hi,

I have a customer who has told me when they turn on their pool light using the iaqualink app (one touch or web) or the RS4 controller, the pump turns on also. They would like it set up so only the light will turn on. Can it be remapped or does it have to be rewired?

is this a new issue or has it been doing this since the beginning?
There is a ONE TOUCH setting where you select different actions to happen at once when you press the desired ONE TOUCH button. I think they may have a setup issue which is worth exploring first before any wiring issue.
Mine looks like this
Notice for Spa Heat - it turns on Spa Mode and then Enables Heater
One Touch Screen.PNGOne Touch Setup.PNG

Reactions: moore887
I might have it figured out. I did re assign a spare one touch to the light and rename it Light Only. I am waiting to hear back from the client to see if it worked. I think if the light is still activating the pump, then it must be a wiring issue. It has always been like that since the customer had the system installed.

I might have it figured out. I did re assign a spare one touch to the light and rename it Light Only. I am waiting to hear back from the client to see if it worked. I think if the light is still activating the pump, then it must be a wiring issue. It has always been like that since the customer had the system installed.

I don't see any way the system could be wired for the light to come on when the pump comes on unless they are on the same physical relay in Aqualink.

I think if the light is still activating the pump, then it must be a wiring issue. It has always been like that since the customer had the system installed.
Unless the pump is wired as 120V I do not see both a light and pump being wired to the same relay. I think you need to look at programing such as on the One Touch screen or on the assignment of auxiliaries.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.