Jandy Cartridge Filter

Last time I did mine, I couldn't the top on flush....I had to have my daughter help me. I pushed down on the top section while she put the ring in place that "locks" it. While I held it, she turned it and it locked, and the drip stopped. I'm not sure what your filter looks like if it's similar to mine...but the top section has to be flush with the bottom before shutting or it will drip.

frustratedpoolmom said:
Last time I did mine, I couldn't the top on flush....I had to have my daughter help me. I pushed down on the top section while she put the ring in place that "locks" it. While I held it, she turned it and it locked, and the drip stopped. I'm not sure what your filter looks like if it's similar to mine...but the top section has to be flush with the bottom before shutting or it will drip.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check on this next time.

Like any filter clean, you should remove the tank o-ring, wipe it and wipe the channel on the tank bottom and tank lid. This filter has a tank o-ring that is not round. It has a flat side. Make sure you seat it properly. If it is more than a year old, it may need replaced.

repair_guy said:
Like any filter clean, you should remove the tank o-ring, wipe it and wipe the channel on the tank bottom and tank lid. This filter has a tank o-ring that is not round. It has a flat side. Make sure you seat it properly. If it is more than a year old, it may need replaced.

Thanks, will check condition of O ring.

Get a rubber mallet. After putting filter back together use the mallet to lightly tap the area around where the filter comes together as you are tightening up the handle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.