Jandy Aquapure error code 170

I have been working on Jandy systems for about 10 years. I have changed over a 100 code 170 and only a few ended up being anything more than the trisensor. The new sensor only has 2 contacts instead of 3. Im talking about the part that goes in the cell. The silver ones. Make sure you get one of the new ones or you may end up having the same problem again soon. I know some Jandy reps that know a lot more than me but I have been doing Jandy Warranty repairs for over 10 years in the New Orleans area. Not telling you this to brag. Just wanted to let you know my experience. Code 170- Code 172- and no flow showing on remote are all sensor problems. When you look at the contacts you may see some rust. If you do this almost always gives Code 170.
THANKS! I had 170 error and replaced the flo sensor and all is well now. This thread may be old but is still relevant!

Hi All,

I just want to add some info to this thread regarding my experience for others. I was in the pool yesterday with the filter pump and a water feature pump both running. Both suddenly cut off, much like a power outage. However, power was on. I flipped breakers and rebooting the system. I was then getting an intermittent error code 170 on my chlorinator display on the AquaLink RS. I couldn't get the pumps to restart. I rebooted a second time and the display went dark. I googled the code and metered output voltage on my transformer and it was correct. Long start short, I ended up swapping a new salt sensor in today after having found this thread and my system is back up and running. Thank you ConradM for the very helpful advice! Hopefully this bit of info will be helpful to anyone else who experiences similar symptoms. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.