Jandy AquaPure 1400 trouble

So after all I need a new cell . In your comments on one of your post you stated that I would need to modify the circuit board. I'm assuming that I would have to solder the wire on the circuit board that had to be cut to install the 700. Are there any other modifications ? Also Im having a hard time finding a cell that looks like mine. They all have the right serial numbers but the pictures look different. Do you know the best place to purchase the cell.

Need help again. So I purchased a jandy 1400 salt cell and thought my troubles were over. I still wasn't getting much chlorine production from the new 1400. Took a water sample to the pool store to find out that the salt was at 2700 and my chlorine generator user interface has a reading of 3600. I asked how accurate their salt tester was and he said that they had just had it calibrated Friday and it should be accurate. So I came home and discovered some pink algae on the sides of the pool and I mediately started the process to eliminate the algae. Test strips that I have for salt I guess I didn't trust either. What I'm trying to determine now is how do I re-calibrate the Jandy chlorine generator user interface ? Thanks

Did you reconnect the jumper to reconfigure for the 1400?

Did you get the whole PLC1400 cell kit with the new cord and trisensor?

Does everything seem to be working correctly with no errors indicated?

I wouldn't recalibrate just yet. I recommend that you get a K-1766 salt test kit and make sure before you recalibrate.

You need to SLAM. You can recalibrate if you want, but it shouldn't make any difference.

Press the Salinity button and hold it until it beeps 3 times. The system will beep when you push it and then at 5 seconds and again at 10 seconds. Release the button after the 3rdbeep.
Press and release the Temperature button within 5 seconds to enter the salinity calibration screen.
The system will display the salinity reading, press the up arrow to increase the reading and the down arrow to decrease the reading.
When the proper reading is reached press the Temperature button within 5 seconds to store it in memory

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just an update. Before I started to slam the pool I ordered a new board for the AquaPure . Just surfing eBay and saw one for 60.00 I let the the AquaPure run at 100% for 12 hrs checked the chlorine and it was off the chart. It is now set at 50% trying to get things back in line. Still think it was a good idea to upgrade from the 700 to the 1400. Thanks for all your help it was much appreciatedit was much appreciated

Reactions: JamesW
And my troubles continue. So after putting in the new board and the new 1400 I have been getting constant high salt. Taylor salt test says salt is 3200. I adjusted the user interface board to 3200 two weeks ago and everything seemed fine until today. So today I get a high salt reading from my UIB. To clear the fault I checked the salt again 3200 and then lowered it again mainly just to see if fault would clear. The fault cleared but I know that will not solve the problem. Not 10 minutes the UIB went right back to 4100 Help

Did you get a new trisensor with the new cell?

Here's a test procedure:

Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the front board. Press and hold the test buttons marked salinity and R-temp. While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 2.8 gpl*.
While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’). It should read 75° F or 24° C.
Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’ key (‘C’) together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 91° F or 33° C .
If the readings are correct then the front board is O.K. and the problem is with the flow sensor.
On the other hand if the readings are different then it indicates that there is a problem with the front board.

Bit confused, my system doesn't have a front board as described in the images of the link you sent me. The only board I have is power interface board. And power center board.

Attachments

• IMG_0930.JPG
    IMG_0930.JPG
    458.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0931.JPG
    IMG_0931.JPG
    485 KB · Views: 4

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.