Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello,
On the Jandy Aqualink RS8 with the iAqualink 3.0 system, is there a way to require the jet pump to be on before the air blower? Ultimately i would like the air blower to not run unless the spa jets are running. I know i could use a one touch to turn on and off, but we don't always want the air blower running.

Thanks!
-Jay

If you can run your Whisperflo spa pump and the blower off the same breaker, then you could wire the load side of the pumps relay to the line side of the blower’s relay, and then the blower could not run unless the spa pump was on.

But doing this would run both the pump and blower off the same AC breaker, and you would have to make sure that the pump relay is rated for the load current of both the pump and the blower.

So buyer beware…

If you can run your Whisperflo spa pump and the blower off the same breaker, then you could wire the load side of the pumps relay to the line side of the blower’s relay, and then the blower could not run unless the spa pump was on.

But doing this would run both the pump and blower off the same AC breaker, and you would have to make sure that the pump relay is rated for the load current of both the pump and the blower.

So buyer beware…
Not a bad idea, but i think it would overload the breaker and possibly the relay. I’ll check the details.

Hello,
On the Jandy Aqualink RS8 with the iAqualink 3.0 system, is there a way to require the jet pump to be on before the air blower? Ultimately i would like the air blower to not run unless the spa jets are running. I know i could use a one touch to turn on and off, but we don't always want the air blower running.

Thanks!
-Jay
Seems like the one touch would be the easiest. Set up 2 different modes (buttons). For example, I have a 1 touch for spa only, and another for spa and heater (set at a specific temperature). Could you not just set up a button for spa jets and another that includes both the spa jets and the air blower?

Another option would be to get a small 24 volt relay and connect it’s coil across the Aux output that turns on the spa pump. Then run one of the the aux output wires that drives the blower relay though the relay contacts and the relay would disable the blower relay unless the pump is on.

This requires splicing into wires on the low voltage (24v) aux control side so it’s not going to clean, but it would also work.

Another cleaner way to do this is to set up a One Touch menu item called “blower on”. Then add the spa pump on and blower on to that one touch item and just use the one touch to turn the blower on and off.

Use the one touch item to turn it on, and then use the separate blower aux to turn it off if you should want to turn it off and keep the pump on. Otherwise just turn off the one touch item and both the pump and blower will turn off.

That’s probably the best way to do this without affecting any wiring.

Edit: I see @HermanTX beat me to this!

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.