Jandy Aqualink PDA replacement

RockclimberKen

Jul 25, 2022
CA
Hi All, I've run into an issue and hope someone can help. Currently have a JANDY Aqualink system that started acting up very badly after a power outage here. The pump / gas heater started randomly coming on and off at odd times and it kept resetting itself. I determined it was the system board and found a replacement on EBAY. Well, now I am back in business except my PDA doesn't give me the option to program the on/off times. By default it comes on at 7:40am and goes off about 12 hours later. Question, can I remove the PPD chip from my old system board and replace the one that is in it to get what I had before? Any steps I need to do like reset settings before changing PPD? Is it really that easy? There are also two IC chips that look removable on the board that I could interchange. Not sure if that is necessary.

Old setup:
PCB # 8124A (Has the one red 4 connector at top left)
PPD chips shows ("PDA 6, P & S, 8272")
PDA gave following info ("PDA-PS6 Combo, PPD: PDA 1.2, J-Box 4.0, Handheld 1.38")

New PC System board:
PCB # 8124A (Has the one red 4 connector at top left) (Identical to old one and why I purchased it (Only $125 on ebay)
PPD chip shows ("ALRS 12, P & S, 8165MMM")
PDA gives the following now ("AquaPalm, Rev MMM, J-Box: 4.0, Handheld 1.38")

As I indicated earlier, no longer a menu in my PDA to add/edit schedule pump to come on or setup my AUX labels.

Any advise? Big thank you for any help here!!!

I did the chip swap and all is good (so far). Full PDA functionality returned and the system seems to be working like it did before the power outage.

Now what I did discover is the "AqualinkD" project. Seems like this "RS chip" I took out might be beneficial for that project. :) Love projects like that! I've got some reading up to do on it. Like if I can expand it out to do WiFi and connect to Alexa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.