Jandy 2 Speed Pump 2 Months Old with Hi-Speed Malfunctions

panamax53

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Dec 10, 2015
Doral, FL
My equipment list below is still valid except for the fact I just had to replace the pump with the same model.
I wanted to manually turn on the hi speed timer for awhile, but a couple days ago it did not work. The pump was running on low-speed and when I switched the hi-speed lever to the right to turn on the hi-speed it caused the pump to completely shut down.
That never happened before.
I could only get the low speed to function if I had the Intermatic T106M hi-speed timer in the off position!
Yesterday, during the time period when the hi speed was supposed to come on. The pump did not run at all. Once it passed the timer off time the low speed began working again.
This morning I was surprised to find the hi-speed running two hours into it's 3 hour run time period. I did not expect to find it functioning, but it was. After that time period I have tried to manually turn it on and it will not run. I must have it in an off position in order to get the low speed side to function.
Has anyone else had this issue? If so, your fix?
Thanks

Update: Problem fixed by Jandy authorized repair under warranty. The problem was the capacitor and not the windings. The capacitor sits in an accessible external housing so it is easily removed and replaced.
2nd Update: The pump failed again. This time Jandy replaced the entire pump. I have had no problems since. It was a lemon.

Last edited:
The T106 just switches from high to low speed. There should be a separate timer for On/Off.

Sounds like you have the wiring mixed up.

T106-T104-600.jpg

No, it's been running perfectly for a long time. The T104M low speed timer basically controls everything. If it's not on the SWCG, the pool heater and the T106M hi-speed timer will not get juice. My pool gets sufficient flow at low speed to have the swcg and pool heater function properly. The original pool builder's electrician had it all screwed up. They insisted it was correct. They were dead wrong. I hired a licensed journeyman that fixed their misdeeds and everything has been working fine. The only electrical wiring done has been to get a new pump installed. After installation everything worked as it had been for two months until a couple days ago. I will check it against your very good diagram, thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.