Jacuzzi Curve Intelligent Pool Cleaner - HELP!

Jun 13, 2020
West Texas
I'm new to the forum but have owned various both above ground (metal wall & soft-side) and Gunite pools for almost 40 years.

I just installed a Splash SuperPool (rectangular) and received a "free" Jacuzzi Curve cleaner as part of a promotion. It's my understanding that this cleaner was originally marketed as a Leslie Pools exclusive. That's pretty much all that I've been found out about this product on the Internet.

The cleaner came with a quick-start guide but not an Owner's Manual. After a week of trying to adjust this thing to properly clean my pool, it continues to malfunction. This includes getting stuck in the corners and not covering the entire bottom of the floor.

My questions:

Does anyone have experience with this cleaner, good bad or otherwise?

Do you know where I can find an Owner's Manual?

Should I chunk it and buy something else? If so, what?

Thanks!

- WTR

Hi, welcome to TFP! I could not find a manual published for this cleaner. I can tell you this type of suction side cleaner does tend to get stuck in corners and ladders. I think you would be happier with an above ground pool robot like the Pool Rover Jr. Do you get a lot of debris in your pool?

Hi, welcome to TFP! I could not find a manual published for this cleaner. I can tell you this type of suction side cleaner does tend to get stuck in corners and ladders. I think you would be happier with an above ground pool robot like the Pool Rover Jr. Do you get a lot of debris in your pool?
Most of the debris in my pool is usually blow-sand, a few leaves and June bugs (this time of year). We had 80 mph winds and a dust storm early last Tuesday morning and I woke up to 1/8" of sand covering the bottom of the pool (13' x 25.5'). I hand-vacuumed the pool three times, back-washing the Hayward 100 pound sand filter in between. After the remaining dust settled, I began running the Curve. It cleaned pretty well in the areas it passed over but about 1/4th of the floor remained untouched, after 8 hours of operation.

A robotic pool cleaner, at its simplest, is programed to move one direction until it hits and obstacle, turn and continue. I don't know if I could say that any of them clean 100% of the floor 100% of the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.