Jacks Magic #2 alternative

Drew80

Feb 26, 2013
Austin, TX
It seems like no matter how well I keep on top of my chemistry, I get scale over time. We have Ledge Loungers, and we constantly have scale buildup around them. I've used Jack's Magic Copper & Scale before - it works like a charm but it's pretty expensive. Has anyone run into a similar product that works as well?

My chemistry is generally ok. I have a SWG and my pH is always creeping up. I also have high-calcium fill water. Those two are the killers. This happens as I get busy and neglect the pool. I treated it last spring and the stains came right off. Took about a year, but they came back.

Jacks is super easy to work with. It works on water movement, so make sure you have the pump running the whole time, and use a sump pump and a hose if there are specific areas that you need to focus on. It worked for me in a matter of hours - pretty amazing stuff.

Reactions: vbertone
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.