Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Okay, I've tried going from 1 1/4 inch hoses and hookups to 1 1/2 inch valves, and all I do is buy the wrong fittings. I was going to leave it for a winter project, but now we discover that we have to put the PLUGS in the OUTLET and INLETS just to check the FILTER! That's just insane!

So winter project is here now. I need to go from Bestway 1 1/4 inch fittings on the pool itself to standard 1 1/2 inch fittings. I need to plumb Intex plunger valves into the fittings and connect the 1 1/4 inch hoses to the valves at the 1 1/2 inch ports.

I'm sick of buying the wrong parts. Can anyone tell me the correct parts to use? It's an AGP.

thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, here we go. First up, my 1000 mph Intex type pump and filter. I intend to replace it next year. It has two 1.25" taps poking out of it, and the 1 .25" hoses are clamped on the taps with plastic hose clamps.

here is one of the taps (an outlet -- there are two of them) it's the same arrangement as the pump. It's a fitting in the pool that lets out into a 1.25" tap that the hose is clamped on. I have no problems draining the pool below the level of the inlets to install a through wall fitting.
IMG_20190613_185542664-600x800.jpg

And here is the outlet, same setup as the inlets and the pump -- a tap that the 1.25" hose clamps on. It's the one marked A.
IMG_20190613_185520784-600x800.jpg

Like I said, I have no qualms about cutting the liner to install 1.5" fitfings. I'll have to do that eventually for whatever upgraded pump and filter I get. The fittings on the pump are nothing, and I'm planning on keeping the 1.25" hoses until I change pumps. So I really just need to know how to plumb in the Intex plunger valves.

TIA y'all.

Last edited:
As a temporary solution I'd suggest getting some Fernco couplings (rubber sleeves) to adapt from the 1¼" nozzles to the intex valves. Take a valve with you so that you can make sure to get the right ones.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why do this 1/2 way? Ditch the hoses and go all in with hard pvc and ball valve unions. You will be much happier in the long run! You may have to trim the openings a little for 1.5 inch connections. We have several threads on hard plumbing an Intex style pool. Do you have a skimmer yet?

I have to do the work, and right now I'm laid up with some mysterious ailment in my feet preventing me from doing the hard plumbing. Right now I need to know the 1 1/2 fittings I need for the outlet and inlets so that I can install these Intex valves and get rid of the 1 1/4 fittings it has now. Hard plumbing is in the future, but it's a more distant future. For one thing, I have to wait to get a decent pump and filter -- the Intex 1000 gph pump can't be retrofitted (I don't think) for 1 1/2 hoses.

I'm so confused by the multitude of parts listed on line, and have no idea what to get. I'm tired of ordering what I think is the right thing and then finding out it's not.

Yes, but they don't fit in the tap from the pool. I'm wondering if something like this would work
for the inlets and this
for the outlet. That way I'd have 1 1/2 fittings all around, and my valves would fit right in. 1 1/4 hose goes on the bottom of the valve, other end screws into the proper fitting on the wall.

What do you think?

Yes, but they don't fit in the tap from the pool. I'm wondering if something like this would work
for the inlets and this for the outlet. That way I'd have 1 1/2 fittings all around, and my valves would fit right in. 1 1/4 hose goes on the bottom of the valve, other end screws into the proper fitting on the wall.
If you are going to upgrade to a 'proper' sand filter & pump, don't buy anything right now, Intex will come with the proper inlet/outlet fittings :D, the others will use a standard hayward/hydrotools wall fitting

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.