It's here! TF 100

JimMarshall

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2017
Oil City PA
100 XL with speed stir just arrived! Just picked it up at the post office. Too bad I don't have any water in my pool to test!

What do you think my chances of getting shot would be if I rode around asking random people if I can test their pool???

I did so, here are my results (I think)

FC .5
CC 0
pH 7.2
TA 80
CH 75
CYA no test

so here are my questions.

What pH would you call this? I initially thought 7.5 while I was doing it but looking at the photo I think 7.2.
IMG_7665.jpg

My CH test turned what I would call pink rather than red. Is this normal? Took 3 drops to change to clearly blue.

IMG_7666.jpg

TA test. Which of these would I want to call "red?"

IMG_7668.jpg
IMG_7669.jpg

I'm no expert, but I would call that pH at 7.3
And I call it "red" when there is no hint of lavender in it. So, your third one.
We use the same stirring bar. We just rinse it well.
(How cool is that magnetic stirrer? I love it. )

Is it ok to that the start of my CH test is that light pink color? What is that indicative of?

i figured as much with the TA test.

Wasnt sure since there's a chlorine only graduated cylinder if I needed a chlorine only stir bar.

There is a separate CL only cylinder because when you start doing the FAS-DPD test for CL, the powder (R-0870) stains everything. It turns your little blue spoon black with use, and your cylinder black with use. Some people use muriatic acid to clean them or you can just buy new kit hardware. You are quite the chemist!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.