it is possible to bleach out the chlorine test?

Ok so yesterday I added bleach cause my Chlorine levels dropped down to .5 again (no signs of algee that I can see) and I should have added enough to get it up to 15. This morning it is back down to 0 again. it was moderate sun yesterday

Yesterday I also added Borax and muratic acid to add borates about a hour afterwards. I am not sure I added enough acid becuase I ran out of bleach and acid and had to run to the store and when I went to put more acid in...the numbers didn"t seam right so I added in the borax as it called for, but held off on adding more acid until i can test it because I didn"t want to put in more than needed but didn"t trust my numbers from earlier.

So here is where I sit, I tested everything however per the document on adding borates I should hold off on testing after adding the borates stuff until 48 hours it has only been 24 hours...so maybe that is why?

I was just going to check Chlorine today, but when that was zero I checked everything

TC 0 oto came back .5
I get a slight pink tinge when I added the FC drops into the chlorine test (hope that makes sense)
PH 6.8
TA 80
CYA 45
Borates 50

so my chorline is being knocked down significantly, assuming the test is accurate but oto was close So I can assume that all is good. Where do I go next PH I am guessing can wait until I retest tomarrow which would be 48 hours after adding borates.

Today I am guess getting the chlorine back up.. should I take it up to shock level. it was below 1 for less than 24 hours and it did rain two inches on sunday. Which is why i wanted to bring it up to 15 yesterday but it burned through that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.