Issue with plaster and splotches

May 1, 2016
Texas
Here is the short story. Shortly have to was built in November 2016 we staerted getting dicoloration and splotches in the light blue plaster.
1st I was to I was shocking to much and the shock was leaving a residue on the plaster. then the PH was to high and I was told to add a cup in the am and pm for two weeks to lower the ph and keep it low and the white stuff would just brush off.
Round and round and I took some time off from talking to the builder.
Recently we could take it anymore and talk to builder and they said they can drain and do a acid wash and maybe some light sanding.
This is what it looks like now horrible.
Now not sure what to do. Its gonna take a day or so to fill but thinking of telling builder we want to replaster. any other options? Cost of replacster a pool in central texas?
IMG_8675.jpg IMG_8674.jpgIMG_8678.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

more picsIMG_8676.jpg

Blue plaster seems to be the hardest to get right, right after white.

Added to that mismanaged pool chemicals don't help. We never recommend routine "Shock" products. We barely ever suggest *any* pool store product.

That surface definitely does look damaged.

Without knowing what you have used or if it is fixable we would need a full set of test results. Have you taken the time to read how we care for our pools here at TFP? Owner Testing is foremost the easiest way to care for your own pool.

I have no idea how much a new plaster surface would be, but if you go that route we can help you learn how to maintain the surface for long lasting beauty and safe water.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.