Is this mustard algae?

kstough

Jun 7, 2019
Ozark, AL
I am starting a slam since this algae *keeps coming back* slam after slam… This time around I’m planning on ending this slam with mustard algae slam levels to try and nip this in the bud so it won’t come back. But I’m curious if you can help identify if this truly is mustard algae from the pics I took of our ladder steps.

All of our pool gets shady spots at some point of the day, it brushes up very easily, and we tend to find it only on the sides/corners/crevices. (First time on the stairs but we haven’t swam much lately).

Thanks and happy Fathers Day!

FC 5.5
pH 7.2 (just dropped it readying for the slam)
TA 70 CYA 60

Attachments

• F2044AE6-60AC-485F-966F-A66F4F07C894.jpeg
    F2044AE6-60AC-485F-966F-A66F4F07C894.jpeg
    755.4 KB · Views: 66
Of hand i'd say that's a good possibility. Its past pollen dropping time which is often mistaken for mustard algae.

For a CYA of 60 I'd keep your FC a tad higher...this allows you to lose some and still remain above the basement level which allows algae to take hold. That's really important if it truly is mustard algae.

Have you read this yet? --> Mustard Algae - Trouble Free Pool

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: kstough
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.