Is this just poorly designed by Stenner?

meestahmarc

Jun 7, 2018
Paramus, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
After spending time cleani g up my pool equipment area, laying out new rocks and getting a nice place set for my new Stenner pump, I was going to bring it outside, and then realized. man is this a bad design or what, for outdoor use. I think water will fill up and sit inside this little area under the pump. great for mosquitos and stuff... anyone else deal with this or think about it?

Attachments

• PXL_20210511_131851194.jpg
    PXL_20210511_131851194.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 24
I mean it was somewhat rhetorical. it's a crappy design for outdoor usage, but I don't have any other choice. I guess I'll just check in some mosquito killer and not be concerned about the standing water. it's a bad design.

It’s a safety feature in case the pump fittings leak. It’s designed to trap and hold a corrosive liquid before it spills out onto the surface below possibly causing damage. If it wasn’t there then the fitting could drip chemicals out and you might not see it. If there’s a pool of liquid below the pump head, then you know something is wrong.

Stenner tubes are not indestructible and wear out. They should be replaced every year to minimize failures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.