Is this bleach ok?

Jun 19, 2017
Massachusetts
I got this bleach in the cleaning section of Walmart, not the pool section. My pool just got the liner + water 2 days ago, but the equipment is not hooked up yet. My pool is 18 x 38 feet, 5 feet in depth. I am nervous that the water will turn bad before it is all ready to go. I'm hoping to get the equipment in a day or two.

This is the bleach that I put in. Is this ok? It is not the splashless or the scented one. I tried to get the simplest bleach without buying Clorox.

Is there anything else I can do? I've been hand cleaning all the debris on top, and trying to move about the water . Not sure what else to do.

IMG_0435.jpgIMG_0436.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Please know that I added 5 big bottles of this all around the perimeter of the pool as best as I can .

Yes that’s what you want. You may want to check Walmart’s pool section some of them have 2 packs of chlorinating liquid that are 10% chlorine and are usually a little less then bleach in the summer time.

Also read this and update your signature https://www.troublefreepool.com/thr...-to-answer-your-questions?p=684136#post684136

Do you have a proper test kit? If not check out my signature.

After you add the bleach make make sure you stir it around. With a pool pole and brush. If you don’t have one maybe use a plastic leaf rake.

Since you live in Mass, there’s probably an Ocean State Job Lot in your area. They have full gallon bottles of 12.5% “pool shock” for $2.99.

I got this bleach in the cleaning section of Walmart, not the pool section. My pool just got the liner + water 2 days ago, but the equipment is not hooked up yet. My pool is 18 x 38 feet, 5 feet in depth. I am nervous that the water will turn bad before it is all ready to go. I'm hoping to get the equipment in a day or two.

This is the bleach that I put in. Is this ok? It is not the splashless or the scented one. I tried to get the simplest bleach without buying Clorox.

Is there anything else I can do? I've been hand cleaning all the debris on top, and trying to move about the water . Not sure what else to do.

View attachment 80466View attachment 80467

- - - Updated - - -

Please know that I added 5 big bottles of this all around the perimeter of the pool as best as I can .

That's what I used in my pool. Works fine! And only $1.77 at my Walmart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.