Is there ever a day (or 2) when you don't have to do anything?

Apr 28, 2016
millington, NJ
Very new to this. Pool got installed last week, filled it up. And being the mean parent I am, wouldn't let anyone touch the water until I got everything looking really good.

Right now:
FC 4.5 (same as yesterday, and the day before)
CC <0.5 (saying less than because the solution barely turns a tinge of color and takes less than opening the next reagent to clear it up).
TA - 70
CYA - 30
PH 7.5

Pool temp - 89 (no idea how that happened)

Water is so clear and actually soft to be in, almost like it is a SWG pool.

With results looking good, do you (or should you) add a little little chlorine for good measure? With 3 days of use, I added a cup of bleach 2 days ago, but everything is maintaining.

Thanks!

I would recommend testing at least FC and PH daily for a couple of weeks until you start "feeling" out your pool. After a while, you will be able to really see what it needs and your testing may only need to be every few days. Currently, I will check the FC/PH every 3 days and do a full test every couple of weeks. If we get a LOT of rain and/or a LOT of usage (with a lot of people), I will run the full test the day after the madness is done. TFP doesn't really go by the "a cup of chlorine here and there" method..instead use the app (web based or iOS/Android app) to figure out EXACTLY what you need to add and when.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
I try to do the OTO and PH test every day. I do the others once per week. I don't add chlorine every day. Since I put borates in, the chlorine seems to hold longer (and the PH is very stable, staying between 7.5 and 7.6). I love the pool since I added salt and borates!

Welcome to tfp! Great job on getting a good test kit @ the start!
Did u add alot of chlorine when you filled ?
You may be riding that down. Definitely test & add lc daily for a while to get a feel for how much it uses per day. You want to target the higher fc for your cya in the FC/CYA Levels for each dose. In your case that’s 6 - otherwise a sunny day & alot of swimmers could tank your levels & put u @ the minimum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.