Is the wattage on my new Intelliflo VSF pump good?

You can use both but the 1.5 and 2 inch valve is cheaper :)

So what does the 1.5" - 2" mean? 2" pipe on outside part and 1.5" on the inside? Where the larger one is 2" inside and 2.5" outside?
Do all Jandy check valves have a spring or is there a specific model that just has a flap? I was trying to stay away from that spring. Thanks!

that is exactly right.. I have no idea about check valves only what they are and where to get them.. I have never used them :)

It takes 1.5" pipe on the inside or a 2" fitting (coupling, 90 etc.) on the outside.
And the smaller check valve wouldn't restrict my 2" pipe then or would it shrink it down temporarily to 1.5" I'm trying not to add any more restriction. I actually thought about

Channeling #jimrahbe

Question I'd ask is why are you running the pump that high?

Are you driving a water feature?
Skimming?
Other?

When we run our pumps there should be a need or reason to run at that speed, especially since you have the VSF model.

I run my pump @550RPM 7x24 (this consumes about 40 watts) all winter (I do a soft close) just to keep the water filtered and skim the surface, I'm not generating chlorine via my SWG as pool water temp is to low

During spring/summer/fall I run @1000 RPM 7x24 to drive/close the flow switch in my SWG and skim the surface (this consumes 60 watts)

I ramp up to 1500, 2200, 3400RPM to increase skimming before a swim, or after, or to drive my water feature. or vacuum the pool.

When the HP is running I have my automation set to drive the pump @30GPM for the optimum heating of the pool (plus that's the manufactures recommendation) I don't run GPM any other time.

So why are you running at 30GPM?

Regarding the electrical draw at 30GPM mine draws about 267watts so that seems spot on.

Hope this helps.

The GPM's I posted 30gpm is the minimum recommended for my AquaCal SQ225 heat pump. So I wanted to see how many watts it will use while also figuring in the watts used by the heater. I can slow down my gpm to just skim, but my pool is only a few weeks old and I'm still dialing in everything to see what my minimum run speed is. Unfortunately I missed when the pool company ran only 4 pool returns in my entire pool with 2 skimmers and on top of that the returns run on a 2" PVC that T's off from a 2" T down to 2 - 1.5" inch lines. So I've been noticing my wattage is nowhere near as good as my old pool was with the same setup. From what I've seen when I dial down my GPM to let's say 23gpm I get a tiny bit of water movement but not much. The pool return eyes are 3/4" and I was thinking of changing them to 1" eyelets do you think that would help?

I have a seperate Intelliflo XF pump that runs my 3 water features.

The other thing I'm still trying to understand is how RPM vs. GPM differs since I've only ever used GPM and everyone here seems to use RPM as reference points.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.