Is the Liquidator worth it?

Apr 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
I have been chlorinating by manually adding liquid chlorine for years now, but lately I've been wondering if the Liquidator would be a worth while upgrade. We are considering selling our house this summer and may move out while our house is on the market, but I wouldn't want to have to stop by every day or two to add chlorine, and I really don't want it to turn green either. Would the Liquidator be a reliable way to chlorinate so I could go a week between tests?

Anyone with experience on this? Any downsides? Standard tube size vs upgraded 3/8" size? Would it work on the low speed of a 2 speed pump?

Most inground pumps have enough suction head to make the LQ (Liquidator) work reliably well, but you won't really know until you actually get it installed. I used one for a few years on an above ground pool and it worked well. I wanted something that would hold more bleach and handle system pressure swings better so I got an injection pump.

If you want something a little more relaible you could spend a little more and get an injection pump and tank.

Reactions: aeh0603
Going on nine years with the Liquidator (3/8" upgrade). It's simple, cheap, and works well. Definitely get the 8 gallon model. Requires about an hour of maintenance/cleaning/tubing replacement once per year. Installed a fitting in the drain plug of the pump and another in the drain plug of the heater so didn't have to drill any holes. Best accessory you can get for the Liquidator is a needle valve to precisely control the flow.

That said, I would recommend getting either a SWG or Stenner pump for a long term solution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.