Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Don’t laugh at my dumb question, please lol. This is my first time using a solid cover for my above ground pool. We had a freeze last night and the cover is sitting right on top of the water in the areas where the pillow isn’t. The pillow was centered but it’s been moving around a lot since we didn’t tie it tight enough at closing and some really heavy winds. I’m just wondering if with the water freezing and the cover lying directly on top of it could cause any potential damage? I would really hate if the cover ended up ripping or something crazy lol. Does the cover look right to you?

We drained a lot less water than I originally thought. It’s only about 5 inches or so below the skimmer, if I had to guess (I stuck my hand/arm in it out of curiosity lol). The pillow appears much more centered in the photo, but it’s definitely a lot closer to the front where I was standing. The cover does NOT touch the water in that corner. I’ve had to pump A LOT of rain water off of it lately. My pump got pretty much all of it except a really small little puddle which is now ice. See my very depressing picture below. B1F57EEC-3FCF-4862-B8B7-79591D3ABB49.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not seeing anything wrong sis. :)

I would have left some water on the cover to keep it from blowing around. Or. By draining, now you don't have to worry about the next amount of rain you get for a while. Meh. Half a dozen or six. Go have a tasty beverage instead of worrying about the pool. (y)

Reactions: thefloatqueen
I'm not seeing anything wrong sis. :)

I would have left some water on the cover to keep it from blowing around. Or. By draining, now you don't have to worry about the next amount of rain you get for a while. Meh. Half a dozen or six. Go have a tasty beverage instead of worrying about the pool. (y)
I think I’m just bored and looking for pool things to worry about hahaha! And yep, I drained it all because I saw rain on the forecast this week and pumping is getting annoying lol

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.