Is it safe to buy a liner from online?

May 8, 2017
Cartersville ga
Hello, When getting a quote for getting a new liner installed from a pool company, I am getting the " you should never buy a liner from the internet, you never know what you are going to get". Is that just them trying to scare me into buying from them? what should i look for when buying one? Thanks in advance!

As of right now, with COVID19 bearing down on the world, I would make sure that where ever you buy online is open n willing to do business. I have purchased several liners online over the last 15 years for my pool and others without issue until COVID19. I ordered a liner from poolsupplyworld.com in mid March. I paid for it and its sitting in limbo somewhere because poolsupplyworld is now closed. I just ordered another liner online from a local pool shop yesterday evening and it's already got the shipping label printed and will probably be on it's way tomorrow. Did I just drop a chunk of money? Yea but I'll return the one liner when it arrives.

"I have purchased several liners online over the last 15 years for my pool"---by Casey

Let's see......we'll assume you had an original liner. We'll assume that "several is more than 2. We'll call it 3. What the heck ya' doing to liners in that length of time!

"I have purchased several liners online over the last 15 years for my pool"---by Casey

Let's see......we'll assume you had an original liner. We'll assume that "several is more than 2. We'll call it 3. What the heck ya' doing to liners in that length of time!
I’ve been at my house for 15 years and my neighbor went through 3 liner replacements, which would be 4 including the one that they had to start. One ripped, one got crazy wrinkled over a winter and one completely faded. If you DIY it’s a couple hundred bucks to start new.

I'm disappointed that as a Mod for how many years now woody, that you still can't properly quote a post yet. :mrgreen:

One for original pool. Then the one the dog put 17 holes in, bought my brother one. Bought one with this pool and 2 over the last month. That would be 6 in all with only one issue. Not to bad in all. Lol

DIY is appealing, my back and knees aren't the best, is it very physically demanding? I might go hop on you tube and see if it looks doable. However, my husband and i cant even get a tarp on the Dang thing together, so replacing the liner may be out of reach.

DIY is appealing, my back and knees aren't the best, is it very physically demanding? I might go hop on you tube and see if it looks doable. However, my husband and i cant even get a tarp on the Dang thing together, so replacing the liner may be out of reach.
Then I suggest you buy your liner from the pool store then because pool stores will not install liners not purchased from them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.