Is anybody else (who just closed recently) already missing their pool??? 😟

anthonypool89

Gold Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Berks County, PA
Today was nearly 80 degrees here and I found myself looking wistfully out the dining room window at a cover instead of the nice clear water. It was tough. Already making plans for next year's (earlier!) opening. Have to close by end of September next year (boo..hiss) so would like to get an earlier start on the season. I've often thought about going somewhere to swim during the off-season but just never get around to it.

I've often thought about going somewhere to swim during the off-season but just never get around to it
Most hotels with pools rent out day passes for $15 (?). Plan on being a bit chlorine-y with the public pool and all, but it sure is neat to drive through the snow on your way to go swimming.

Reactions: anthonypool89
We are closing ours today. The weather here in SE Michigan has been unseasonably warm all September, so we’ve had a nice long season. The maple trees surrounding our pool are telling us it’s time to cover it up, though.

Reactions: anthonypool89
Most hotels with pools rent out day passes for $15 (?). Plan on being a bit chlorine-y with the public pool and all, but it sure is neat to drive through the snow on your way to go swimming.
There’s a hotel in the Columbus Ohio area we stayed at a few years ago that actually heats their outdoor pool year round. We stayed early Feb and the girls LOVED a quick swim. Took the older one to trust us that it was warm, but once she got in it was hard to get her out.
CBDE707C-18E2-493E-A60D-A9035BC96854.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
we'll see you again next season
I'll be here 😉 Let's hope for a more mild winter (here in PA at least) than was the case last year.
Took the older one to trust us that it was warm, but once she got in it was hard to get her out.
Awww...your girls are adorable! Great pic, especially with the snow in the background!! Takes me back to when my daughter was young and traveled with us each summer. Enjoy these times, cause they go by so quickly.

• Love
Reactions: Newdude and Leebo
My pool is still technically open and this warm weather is killing me. The water temp this morning was 66* so too cold to get in but I'm starting to get concerned that it won't be 60 below when I close it. Not the end of the world, I know. It's scheduled to close on 10/25 so 2 more weeks. And this week, we're going to get to 80 again on Friday and Saturday.

Temps have been in the 90s, but I had to put the cover on due to falling leaves and seed production by the cedar elms. I hate having to close up when it’s still swim season. The upside is that construction is about to begin on our new outdoor kitchen and bar, so next season will bring a new feel!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.