Irremovable Stains - Las Vegas, NV

@Kayakarmada I'm having a similar problem and I'm also in Las Vegas. Did you do the #2 treatment and drain the pool? How are things looking now?

Edit: @TSA, didn't see your message until I posted mine and refreshed the thread. I'm a new home/pool owner, and this sounds like this is a real Vegas problem!

Last edited:
@Kayakarmada I'm having a similar problem and I'm also in Las Vegas. Did you do the #2 treatment and drain the pool? How are things looking now?

Edit: @TSA, didn't see your message until I posted mine and refreshed the thread. I'm a new home/pool owner, and this sounds like this is a real Vegas problem!

botloveslights @Kayakarmada

Yes, but odd, all my neighbors pools are fine so surprised they don't have the same issues

Just like Botloveslights...I am curious how this all worked out for you:)
How easy was the process? did it work?

I have the very same type of stains in my pool, caused by letting dirt sit in my pool for too long, coupled with high PH+8, TA+180 and CH+1600.

I will be buying the test kits to confirm....but I am almost 100% it is dirt embedded in calcium buildup.

I would love to maintain a CSI level of Negative .6 for a few months and see it is woks to break off the calcium buildup. Problem is my CH is at 1025...so the lowest CSI I can maintain is -.3.

Question for anyone who is reading: Draining and refilling the pool after doing this treatment for Calcium Buildup:

I recently did a refill of my pool where I simply drained the pool at the same rate as filling it....so it never actually EMPTIED of water out of the pool. Can I do the same drain/refill process? Or do I actually need to DRAIN the ENTIRE pool to get all of the old water out (that contains the chemical that can be damaging to the heater)? Then refill with fresh water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.