Irma, no power,

Jul 13, 2017
Ocoee
I've been out of power for the last few days and the pool hasn't circulated in that time. Any tips until the power comes back on? I've added a gallon of bleach every day and have been brushing the pool to give it some movement. There's some debris and dirty and the water is a little cloudy but it's blue still. Any recommends on what I can do to keep it from turning into a swamp

Be sure to maintain a proper FC level, brush as you are doing to keep the water well mixed, and try to remove as much foreign matter as possible.

I would raise FC to about 20% of CYA and keep it there. Watch for any big FC demands.

I lost power for 2 days and I had raised my FC to over 20 (CYA was 80 but dropped to 60) I floated 4 pucks brushed about 4 times a day, and grabbed everything I could with the net even stuff off the bottom, I tested FC daily and kept it near shock level and I was able to restore my pool to perfect clarity in 2 days after getting power this pic was after just 1 day (about 90% clarity).

I lost power for 2 days and I had raised my FC to over 20 (CYA was 80 but dropped to 60) I floated 4 pucks brushed about 4 times a day, and grabbed everything I could with the net even stuff off the bottom, I tested FC daily and kept it near shock level and I was able to restore my pool to perfect clarity in 2 days after getting power this pic was after just 1 day (about 90% clarity).
Looks like my pool! I have the same cleaner! Mine doesn't work so well anymore. It stops and goes, stops and goes. Anyway got power back yesterday and all seems to be going well. Still not clean but getting there and levels seem to be good. Going to turn off my SWG to drop FC. Fingers crossed it doesn't drop to zero

Looks like my pool! I have the same cleaner! Mine doesn't work so well anymore. It stops and goes, stops and goes. Anyway got power back yesterday and all seems to be going well. Still not clean but getting there and levels seem to be good. Going to turn off my SWG to drop FC. Fingers crossed it doesn't drop to zero

You'll want to go ahead and perform an OCLT and SLAM if you fail.

OCLT: Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)
SLAM: Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Sound like brushing is all you can do to try and circulate the water some. Instead of just adding a gallon a day why aren't you testing the water with your kit (K2006) and adding the appropriate amount of bleach ??
Can't do anything about the dirt till the pumps working again but netting out anything you can will surely help. Once you get power again you should do a CC/OCLT to see where you're at.
Wish you all the best down there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.