Introducing My New Thermometer Gadget

Waiting to see if the app can be installed on 2 different phones for the same serial number ETM so my wife can also monitor the temp before she swims.

I have it on my phone, my wife's phone, and I will check online through a internet browser on my laptop as well.

I purchased 2 probes, one for my pool, and one for my air temp. So now when I want to check weather, rather than seeing the temp at a random weather station on weather.com, I just look at the temp at my house.

Long term, because I am a gadget geek as I started this thread with, I am going to use IFTTT and a spare Raspberry Pi that I happen to have to make a small outdoor 5" LCD that will display the pool temp out by the pool as well.

Yes, the same sensor that I have in the pool (so I now have two of the same probe). The trick is to find a place to place it that is indicative to the real outside temperature. You want to place it in the shade if possible, and not set on top of concrete or anything else that will radiate heat and give you a false temp reading. For examples of false readings think about how your car will read an outside temp way too high until it gets out and drives on the road.

I placed my sensor in the branches of a shade tree

So, I’ve set this all up. Pool sensor and outside temp/humidity. It’s all up and running. I now want to somehow automate my pool heater to kick on @ a certain temp, then kick off a a preset temp. It’s an old Pentair Propane heater. It works fine, only the thermostat controls are garbage. I want to replace the on/off switch with something z-wave wireless that can just turn it on and off based on parameters read from the sensor. I’ll be darned if I can find an outdoor z-wave wireless on/off switch. ��

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.